Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Much needed update with pictures

This update will contain bits and pieces of Scottie's emails.  I think that Scott's Mission thus far can best be summed up by saying that he loves the work, he loves the people and is doing his best.  His has had some wonderful experiences and his Testimony is stronger. Scott recently traveled to Cape Coast to hear Elders Quinton L. Cook and Elder Christensen (president of the quorum of the seventy).

Scottie says:
"When we travel to cape we don't stay overnight we come right back.  Here in Odoben we are the farthest away so when we travel that takes our whole day.  Hearing from Elder Cook was so nice.  He spoke about missionary work.  He was talking about how we really need to focus in on using the members in the church and making sure they have a solid testimony and then use them to help with the work.  It was really helpful and nice to hear from him.  I had a wonderful Valentines Day.  We made no bake cookies and had some fan ice. I do lots of traveling for things."

Scottie also paid a nice tribute to his Grandmothers:
"For this Valentines day I wanted to say something to my two beautiful and wonderful Grandmothers. Maybe you can share this with them.  Grandma I love you so much and I am so thankful for all that you do. I look up to you so much.  I want to tell you that I appreciate all of the love and support that you give to me. You have done a wonderful job at raising your children and in turn they have been able to do that for me.  It is amazing how every time I talk to you, you will never talk about yourself you are always focused on me and the family.  I just wanted to say that I love you so much and think about you a lot. Hope that you have a great Valentines Day."

Time is going fast, Scottie says:
"Mom I can't believe that I will have been for six months.  The first six months have gone to fast.  Maybe not to you but really the time that I am here is short. Mom don't worry, I wash my socks off but at times who can control stinky feet!"

Scottie gives us some good counsel:
"I believe that is one of the most important things to learn.  Honesty and integrity in everything we do.  To often in the world today people are lying cheating stealing and so on.  I have come to realize how blessed your life will be if you can simply have integrity in all that you do.  You can remember my famous ping pong quote.  I would say "it takes skill and integrity" even though integrity has no part of ping pong I just thought it was funny."
 
In a recent email Scottie gives us a personal update:
"I feel like I have now figured things out more.  I feel a lot more comfortable in the missionary lifestyle and how things work.  There is a lot I can improve on and a lot that I have learned thus far so I am going to work hard and I know that I will continue to learn and progress.  The mission has a been a blessing in my life in so many ways that it is hard to describe over email but I wouldn't rather be any other place right now in my life than to be serving as a representative of Jesus Christ here in Ghana."

With the new Missions being announced, Scottie has this to say:
"I am so excited about all of the areas opening up.  Around the world there are so many places that still haven't had the opportunity to hear the gospel.  I am so happy to know that it is growing so much and that many many many people will hear the gospel.  In our mission we will be opening a few new areas and there will be a lot more missionaries coming in the next few months so I am excited for that."

In Scottie's most recent email dated 3/5/13 we find out that he will be transfered, he says:
"So, I have some big news today, tomorrow I will be transfered to a place Assin Fosu.  It should be one that you can find on the map.  I found out Saturday and I will be leaving tomorrow.  It is my first transfer and all I can say is that I have a piece of my heart with the people in Odoben.  It may be a village without much but, the people are so loving here, they have truly changed my life.  I didn't imagine that it would be this hard to leave.  When I was bearing my testimony on Sunday for the last time I started to cry.  I love these people so much.  I am excited to experience the new area though.  I will be with a sweet companion from Utah.  He came on his mission about one month after me and he is an awesome missionary. I will keep you updated on how the new area is"



     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment