Thursday, September 20, 2012

9/19/12 Email from Scott & Daily Living (or survival).

Email to Cindy:
Mom and dad so good to get your e mail. Sorry I am a day late, we have had a crazy week. We had splits with the mission assistants and then we went to cape coast and now I am just able to e mail.  Yes I do shower from a bucket and yes I do wash from a bucket. I will always wash from a bucket but not always shower. Tell Hadley thank you very much (for the Blog). I will try to send pictures but I can't until leave this area because the internet cafes are bad and will damage my camera and other things so I may have to wait. Also I am super excited to be an uncle, I can't believe it.  Also yes, oh bruiny means white man and that is all the little kids say. They don't say much else. Also on Saturday I went farming with a member and we used Machetes to weed. It is crazy and very tiring but it was very fun and literally I was in the jungle. It is weird but we saw some white people walking on the street in Cape Coast but it was hard to talk to them because I am getting so use to all of the Africans. Also my talking is changing because that is the only way they understand things. Quick story we are teaching this man named Julius and he has a very powerful testimony. After teaching him we asked him to pray about the message. Well the next time we saw him he did that and he said I have never felt this feeling before but I knew it was true and felt loved and very calm. It was amazing to hear that. It brought tears to my eyes. That just shows how the spirit works in others. The lord is the one who testifies to them, I just give that opportunity to have that happen.
Mom I wanted to write a little more.  I was going to tell you that I am starting to understand their language a little bit more.  Also yes we are all cooking.  My companion is showing me the meals they eat here and how to prepare them.  I do everything on my own now.  It is crazy but I love it and I am growing up fast and learning so much.  Also give this message to the grandmas.  Tell them that I love them and think about them a lot.  They are wonderful ladies and I look up to their example.  They have taught me how to truly love people because that is all they did to me while growing up.  Love them.  Mom I am doing well I haven't felt sick and I am trying to stay healthy so hopefully it will work.  I will tell you that every night I get back to the apartment I am super dirty and there is dirt on clothes.  I will never be clean.  Love you mom.
Email to Larry:
So a typical goes like this.  We get up have breakfast, then study and go over our appointments, then go and teach or go and contact which is trying to get new investigators then visit members.  At night we are in by seven thirty because the whole town is dark and everybody is bed because of the farming.  Then we eat dinner and write and study then off to bed.  Sometimes we can play cards.  Everyweek we travel to a town called Swedru where sam kitchen is serving and we get to e mail there.  We don't have a place in our town.  It is about an hour away.   

No comments:

Post a Comment