Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 9, 2013

Two weeks of correspondence, Scottie seems to be doing well and has jumped in full speed.  He is learning to survive in the existing living conditions and has had some great missionary experiences. Excerpts from his emails:  

Yes I did have baptisms.  I had four of them.  I have a story about it.  So the day before the baptism there wasn't any water in the font and there was no way to get water into it unless we were to haul water by buckets and fill up the font.  There was a well close by and so that is what we did.  It took us about two hours to get enough water so that we could have a baptism.  Crazy isn't it.  This is why I love Ghana.  How many missions will you say you were able to do something like that.  Anyway the baptism was wonderful.  I loved it.  The spirit that was in the room just before the baptism was amazing.  I can't really explain it but I love that feeling and that day.  It was something that I will never forget.  All is going well.  I can't believe that I am an uncle, it amazes me. Thanks for all that you do. 

sorry I have to e mail on Monday this week because we have a survey that we had to take today. I know that you are excited about t mac. So am I. That is what I thought about all this last week. It was awesome. So this week we had the confirmations for all of the baptisms that we did this last week. It was a really good experience. I love it so much. Also that guy Julius I told you about is a really powerful man. We went to teach him again the other day and he asked when and how he can serve a mission and then he bore his testimony and asked how he can help others come to the church before he goes on a mission. I felt the spirit so strongly. It made my week to hear that. Heavenly Father is real and so is his work. His uses the holy ghost to testify to others. It is amazing how he works. Fast sundays are really hard here because you don't really have a ton of food, then you have to fast.  I am learning more and more on this mission every day. Anyway enough about me. How was conference? How are you guys all doing?  The mission is great,  I am loving every moment of it. It has been moving really fast though. I can't believe that I am already approaching my two month mark in about nine days. Anyway, I love you all very much and hope everything is going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment