Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Art of Mass Transit - October 30, 2012

Scottie says:
Happy Halloween to you and the family. I loved the poem. I was worried I wasn't going to get one and I was going to miss them. You always have the most creative poems and I love them. Thank you mommy. Also we had the festival and it isn't like Halloween it is more like the fourth of July parade. Most people would dress as the opposite sex or basically it would be called cross dressing. Kinda weird but really funny to see. Things are going well in Odoben. We didn't do much teaching because of the festival but other than that things are great. Me and my companion Elder Bush are doing really well. We both love Odoben. In fact I have another adventure that we went through. So we trying to get to Swedru because we had to sleep over with the other elders because the next morning at four we had to leave for cape coast to hear President Sitati speak who is a member of the first quorum of the seventy. Anyway they have these trucks that are like half semi and they have a big bed in the back like trucks at home but the bed is much bigger. Well  we couldn't get a tro so we all had to jump into the back of this truck and ride with about sixty others and it should only hold about thirty. It made me fell like I was trying to cross the border. The people were laughing and going crazy because a white man has never done that before. It was very interesting. Tell Grandma that I love her and to get better.  We had those four baptisms this Sunday. It was awesome to see that family get baptized.  Yes when we teach people we either contact them on the street then set up an appointment or a member gives a referral and we contact them and then go and met with them.  Anyway I love you all, watch out for the ghosts and goblins.

No comments:

Post a Comment